WITTON, P.H. (art).
Views of the Ruins of the Principal Houses Destroyed during the Riots at Birmingham.
- London: [J. Johnson], 1792.
- Abbey Scenery 48 (uncoloured copy); Bobins 911.
Oblong 4to, 8 aquatint plates by W. Ellis after Witton. Contemporary black cloth, morocco title label on upper board, original printed wrappers bound in, printed in English and French. Marbled endpapers. MS signature to title page. A leaf of text with each plate.
Coloured plates in order:
1. The New Meeting.
2. The Rev. Dr. Priestley's House and Elaboratory, Fair-hill.
3. Baskerville House, the Residence of John Ryland Esq.
4. Bordesley Hall, the Set of John Taylor Esq.
5. The House of William Hutton Esq. Saltley.
6. The House of George Humphreys Esq. Spark Brook.
7. The House of William Russel Esq. Showell Green.
8. Moseley Hall, the Residence of Lady Carhampton.