WHITTY, Captain I.S.
Views in the Vicinity of the City of Kingston, Jamaica.
- London: Thomas McLean, 1839.
- Abbey Travel 687; Cundall Supplement 226; Sabin 103829; Bobins 827.
Oblong folio, 6 hand coloured lithographed plates, drawn on stone, in original paper wrappers with letterpress titling on upper covers. Preserved in a black morocco box, with gilt in rule and gilt to spine.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Panoramic view of Kingston Harbour, from the Apostle's Battery.
2. Kingston Harbour and adjacent country, from Charlottenberg (St. Andrew's Mountains).
3. Waterfall near the Windward Road.
4. View of Mount Moses (Coffee Property). Parish of St. Andrews.
5. The St. Andrew's Mountains, from near Up Park Camp.
6. View in the St. Andrew's Mountains, near Convent Gap.