BRANDLING, Henry Charles.
Views in the North of France.
- London: 1848.
- Abbey Travel 98; Bobins 513.
Folio, subscription list, (2 additional names in MS) text descriptive of the 12 (loose) hand coloured lithographs, heightened in gum Arabic, and mounted on card; text volume in publisher's original yellow wrappers, card portfolio as issued with letterpress within tinted vignette and publisher's blind-stamped device on rear. Bookplate of 'Norman R. Bobins'. In a beige linen portfolio, all housed in a matching modern beige linen box, with small label to spine. Plates include: Cathedrals of Amiens & Rouen, as well as views of Dieppe, Chateau d'Eau and Caudebec.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Chateau d'Eau, with facade towards the garden.
2. Portion of the Interior of the Church of Eu, situated behind the principal altar. The Lady Chapel in the distance.
3. Chateau d'Eau, showing the whole front and garden.
4. Church of St. Jaques, Dieppe. West Front.
5. Amiens Cathedral from the East, shewing South Transept, Centre Spire, Lady Chapel, and exterior of the Choir.
6. Entrance to the South Transept of Amiens Cathedral.
7. Palais de Justice, Rouen.
8. Tour de Beurre, one of the West Towers of Rouen Cathedral, taken from the Market Place, in front of the entrance to the South Transept.
9. View of Rouen Cathedral, shewing the Centre Tower and South Transept, with doorway from the Market Place.
10. Church of St. Vincent, Rouen, showing the West Entrance.
11. Church at Caudebec, taken from the Market Place.
12. Market Place, Caudebec.