Views in the Ionian Islands.
- London: [G. Havell], 1821.
- Abbey Travel 134; Tooley 132; Droulia 119; not in Blacker, Atabey nor Legrand; Bobins 123.
FIRST EDITION. Large folio, dedication, text, 12 hand coloured aquatint plates, mounted on card in imitation of drawings, all mounts tinted gray on upper surface, plates without titles, signed etc. Half black straight-grained morocco gilt over cloth, gilt lettered to upper board, from the Liverpool Free Public Library. Bookplate of 'Norman R. Bobins' to front pastedown. "Cartwright was appointed Paymaster General of the Forces at Corfu when the Ionian Islands came into British possession. This work was published soon after he returned to England, about 1821. The following year he produced a book of Albanian and Greek costumes and thereafter concentrated on marine paintings" (Abbey).
Coloured plates in order:
1. The Town, Citadel, and Harbour of Corfu, from the Island of Vido.
2. The Feast of Saint Jason and Sosipatros, in the Island of Corfu.
3. The Street of Vasili from the Esplanade in Corfu with a procession of Saint Spiridione.
4. The Ferry of Perama, entrance to the Southern Passage of Corfu and Homer's Island, called "The Ship of Ulysses".
5. Santa Maura, from the Upper Acropolis of the Ancient City of Leucadia.
6. Sappho's Leap, at Cape Ducato.
7. The Sanita, or Health Office, at Santa Maura.
8. View of the Town and Harbour of Vathi, in Ithaca.
9. View of the Fountain of Arethusa, and Rock Korax, in Ithaca.
10. Town and Harbour of Argostoli, in Cephalonia.
11. The Piazza of Saint Mark, in Zante.
12. The Town and Harbour of Zante.