COCKBURN, Lieut. Gen. George.
The Voyage to Cadiz and Gibraltar up the Mediterranean to Sicily and Malta in 1810-11.
- London: J. Harding; Dublin: M.N. Mahon, 1815.
- Abbey Travel 197; Abbott 117; Mira p.236; Prideaux pp.234 & 331; Bobins 562.
- 23 + 2
2 vols; 8vo. 23 hand coloured aquatints, 6 maps and plans (3 folding), title pages uncoloured, an engraved vignette at the end of each volume. Contemporary half calf over marbled boards, flat spine with gilt, blue edges.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Frontispiece. Scylla.
2. Vignette title page. View on the Coast off Tindari (sepia).
3. Fort Gonzago, and Country behind Messina.
6. The Great Crater of Etna.
7. Catania & Etna from Biscari Garden.
8. Catania & Mount Etna.
9. Taorminum (folding plate).
10. Pass at St. Alepo, between Messina and Taorminum.
11. Castle of Lipari.
12. Volcano, from the Hill near the Ancient Baths at Lipari.
13. Winter view of Etna, fom near Melazzo.
15. Convent of St. Martin near Palermo.
16. Frontispiece. View of Murat's Camp & Flotilla in Calabria, with a division of British Gun Boats standing across to attack.
17. Vignette title page. View of Ceuta (sepia).
18. Monte Pellegrino, Palermo.
19. Distant view of the Ancient Temple of Segesta.
21. Cape St. Vincent.
23. Dustant view of Etna, from the Sea, opposite Catania.
[Plan] Franca Villa and the Battle between the Spaniards and the Austrians in 1719 (folding).
25. View of Castiglione from Villa Franca.