The History and Doctrine of Buddhism.
- London: R. Ackermann, 1829.
- Abbey Travel 413.
FIRST EDITION. Folio, original boards with flat spine re-backed, edges uncut, boards worn. Bookplate of 'Brendon Gooneratne' to front pastedown. MS signature to title page. Two plain and 44 hand coloured lithographed plates. Dedication copy with a two page autographed letter from the author to Sir Alexander Johnston; with a copy of 'The Edinburgh Literary Journal', dated April 1829 featuring a review of this work.
Coloured plates in order:
1. The Story of Bambadat Rajah (13 figs).
2-3. Usseeratanam Rajah, parts I & II (21 figs).
4-5. Wessantara Rajah, parts I & II (33 figs).
6-9. The Four Gods, or Pattinee Deities (Dewa / Wiebesana-dewa-raja / Sama-dewa-raja / Wise-karma).
10-15. Dewa Loka, or Six Heavens. (Tjaturum-Maharakeye / The Tavateinza / Yame / Toisite / Nimmane-Rati / Parreniermete).
16-19. The Four Zodiacs (12 figs each plate).
20. The Chakkraia (9 figs).
21-24. Plates showing the signs of the 28 Nekates.
25-26. The Hells (4 figs each).
27-28. The Bali (9 figs & 4 figs each).
29. Nawaggraha Mangalle (9 figs).
30. Sante Mangalle Bali (15 figs).
31. Gine Mase Halle (15 figs).
32. Kalemartoo Bali (13 figs).
33. Assoeroeyerrerakse Bali (12 figs).
34. Dhasa Crode (10 figs) .
35. Same Mangle Bale (15 figs).
36. Saroewe rupe Bali (14 figs).
37. Abeye Kalyane Bali (11 figs).
38. Krisne rakse Bali (12 figs).
39. Karoenadie Rati Mangale (12 figs).
40. The chief She Devil / The devil called Ayimane / The Devil called Sooniyan / The Devil called Calloo-Coomare.
41. The Demon called Mahasohan / The Demon called Rirey / The Devil called Coomaro / The Demon called Dewol.
42. The Demon called Garrah / The Demon called Serascanni / The Demon called Ammooschon / The Great Black Devil which is one of the foreign Devils.
43. Dewol Demon / Kalikoomara Demon / Wiremundi Demon.
44. Oddisa Demon / Garab Demon / Mahason Demon.