BERESFORD, George de la Poer.
[Southern Albania] Twelve Sketches in double-tinted Lithography of Scenes in Southern Albania.
- London: Day & Son, Lincoln's-Inn Fields, 1855.
- Balckmer 124; Abbey Travel 46; Weber I, 1162; Bobins 1084.
FIRST & ONLY EDITION. Large folio, title, description of plates, 12 tinted lithographs. 19th century half morocco over brown cloth boards. Red morocco title label in gilt to spine. Spine re-backed. Extremities slightly rubbed and worn. Bookplate of 'Roy Alderson' to rear pastedown. "The plates include views of Ioannina, Aria and Parga and are very fine" (Blackmer). Beresford also produced two novels.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Janina, the Capital of Albania, from the Coulis.
2. Ali Pasha's Seraglio and Tomb, Fortress, Janina.
3. Audience Chamber of Ali Pasha.
4. The Coulia, Janina.
6. Khan at Carabasera.
7. Arta and the Riber Aractus, from the Salara Road.
8. Remarkable Venetian Bridge near Arta.
11. Peta, from the Gulf of Arta.
12. Butrinto, opposite Corfu.