RICHARDSON, Thomas Miles.
Sketches on the Continent: A Series of Views in France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Holland...in 1837.
- London: Thomas McLean, 1838.
- Abbey Travel 30; Bobins 596.
Folio, title and description of plates, 26 hand coloured lithographed plates mounted on card: original full brown morocco with gilt in rule to boards, lettered direct, spine re-backed with gilt bands, all edges gilt. This work offers 9 fine plates of the Italian Lakes; others are of Chillon in Switzerland, the Savoy and the Rhine.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Title page. View on Mount St. Gothard.
2. Isola Bella, Lago Maggiore.
3. On the Grand Canal Venice, with St. Marks and Dogano in the distance.
4. In the Bay, Como.
5. Church and Town of St. Georgio, Lago de Como.
6. At Bellaggio, Lago de Como.
7. At Luveno, Lago de Maggiore.
8. Castle of Canero, Lago Maggiore.
9. Bellagio from the Vineyard on the banks of the Lago de Como.
10. Dezenzano, Lago de Garda.
11. Travellers ascending the Great St. Bernard.
12. Hospice, on the Great St. Bernard.
13. At Sallanche, on the Arve, Savoy.
14. Castle of Chilean from Villeneuve, Lake of Geneva.
15. On the River at Zurich, with the Cathedral in the distance.
16. Le Pont de Charge, Lyon.
17. Bacherach, with the Castle of Stahlech, Rhine.
18. Town and Castle of Heidelberg, on the Neckar.
19. On the Rhine at Cologne.
20. At Rotterdam.
21. Gallery in the Pass of St. Gothard near the Urnerlock.
22. Old Tower at Frankfort on the Maine.
23. The Castle from the Market Place, Heidelberg.
24. Market Place, Verona.
25. Cathedral, Strasbourg.
26. Interior of the Cathedral, Milan.