[VIVIAN, Edward lithographer].
Sketches in North-Devon.
- London: R. Ackermann, [ca. 1845]
- Not in Abbey, however, a work with the scenery of Torquay and Babbicombe by T.C. Dibden in 1841 includes engraved views by Vivian and recorded as Abbey Scenery 332. Bobins 903.
Oblong folio. 8 hand coloured lithographed plates by Vivian, 1/4 brown cloth over contemporary limp brown wrappers, gilt direct to upper board. Boards chipped.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Clovelly and Lundy Island.
2. Ilfracombe from Lantern Hill.
3. Entrance to the Harbour, Ilfracombe.
4. Linton and Lynmouth.
5. Waters' Meet, Lynmouth.
6. Linton and the East Lyn.
7. Valley of Rocks, Linton.
8. Dunster - Somerset.