BEAUMONT, Vicomte Adalbert de.
Sketches in Denmark, Sweden, Lapland and Norway.
- London: Thomas McLean, 1840.
- Abbey Travel 251. Bobins 400
- 24 + title
Folio, coloured title vignette of Stockholm from the Lake Malar, signed C. Bentley lith., lithographed dedication, 1 leaf, list of plates, 24 hand coloured lithographed plates all signed lithog. C. Bentley and printed by Fairland, by Vicomte Adalbert de Beaumont, original cloth decorated and lettered in gilt, backed in red morocco ruled in gilt. Lettered in gilt to spine.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Title page vignette showing Stockholm from the Lake Malar.
2. Copenhagen - end of the 16th century.
3. Holmen's Canal, and Tower of St. Nicholas, Copenhagen.
4. The Exchange, Copenhagen.
5. Castle of Frederiksborg.
6. Elseneur and Castle of Cronborg from the Sound.
7. Stockholm - end of the 16th century.
8. Royal Palace, Stockholm.
9. Castle of Wadstena.
10. Tumulus of the Scandinavian heroes.
11. Swedish Costumes.
12. Passage up the Cataracts, Lapland.
13. Laplander's Hut on the Kongarno Elf - Midnight.
14. Passage of the Lake Kilpis, Lapland.
15. Environs of North Cape (Winter Solstice.)
16. The Town of Trondheim from the Fortress of Munkholm.
17. Interior of the Cathedral of Trondheim.
18. Valley of Hoff.
19. Glaciers at Romsdal.
20. Church of Borgund.
21. Gulf of Urland.
22. Bergen (Boreal Crown.)
23. Norwegian Costumes.
25. Fortress of Frederikssteen.