Sketches Illustrative of the Native Inhabitants and Islands of New Zealand.
- London: Robert Martin, A.R. Spottiswoode, 1838.
- Abbey Travel 587. Bobins 324
FIRST EDITION. Oblong folio (14 x 20 inches), modern burgundy morocco and gray boards; morocco label, lettered in gilt, to upper board, raised bands in blind to spine, fresh end papers; 1 leaf description of the plates, 10 hand coloured lithographed plates, the plates with an imprint only where there are two images to a plate, i.e. plates 1 and 5. **The caption of “Herald, or Peace-Maker” is repeated twice on the plates**
Coloured plates in order:
1. Herald, or Peace-Maker / Awow.
2. The Wounded Chief Honghi & his Family.
3. Slaves preparing food.
4. Village of Parkuni, River Hokianga.
5. Herald, or Peace-Maker / Bay of Island's Chief.
6. Kororadika Beach.
7. Native Family.
8. Native Village, and Cowdie Forest.
9. War Speech.
10. Amoko / Eana / Hepee.