BURR, Mrs A. Margaretta.
- n.p., n.d. [London, ca. 1850].
- Lipperheide 575; not in Abbey; Tooley; Colas or Hiler nor in Blackmer or Atabey. Bobins 1085.
Folio, title on original wrappers, 1 leaf of text, 14 hand coloured lithographed plates, mounted on twelve cards as issued, with accompanying single leaf of letterpress listing and describing plates, loose in original half morocco and embossed cloth portfolio by Tarrent, lettered in gilt on upper board, silk ties. Spine rubbed and worn, minor foxing to plates and letterpress. A very scarce work. Plates showing views and costumes of Cairo, Jerusalem, Constantinople, Athens, by the author, painter A. Margaretta Burr (née Scobell). The artist, listed in Benezit and in Saur, is described in the latter as a master draughtsman.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Street leading to the Mosk of El Azhar.
2. Gateway of a Bazaar - Cairo.
3. Court of the Mosque of Soltan Hassan.
4. The Interior of a Hareem.
5. The Great Pyramid with the Sphinx.
6. Our room in the Armenain Convent.
7. Court in the front of the Holy Sepulchre
8. The Missr Tcharsky (Egyptian Market - Constantinople.)
9. From the Parthenon - Athens.
10. Fountain in the Plain of Sharon.
11. Hall of the Ambassadors in the Alcazar - Seville.
12. Patio de la Alberca, or de Los Arrayanes Alhambra.
13. Entrance to the Cathedral - Seville.
14. The Chapter House of the Convent of St. Jeronimo, at Belem, near Lisbon.