MADELEY, George Edward.
Six Views of Singapore and Macao, from Drawings made on the Spot in 1840.
- London: Ackermann & Co., 1840.
- Not in Abbey or Chater Collection; See India Office Collection, British Library; Bobins 1113.
Small folio, 6 hand coloured lithographed plates by Madeley after Robert Pouget (fl. 1830s) showing views in India and in the vicinity of Bombay, original printed wrappers, loose as issued, together with (octavo) short descriptive text modern green cloth folder. Includes views of Singapore from Government Hill, Campong-Clam, and the Court House. After S.Ch. artist Madeley engraved and lithographed on the spot in 1840, also includes a view of Singapore with English residences. (A facsimile of this work has recently appeared.)
Coloured plates in order:
1. Singapore. View of Government Hill, the English Burial Ground and the Armenian Church.
2. Singapore. View of a part of Campong-Clam, the Court House & Government Hill.
3. Singapore Roads with the English Residences, Institution, &c.
5. Macao and the Monte Fort.
6. View of Macao from the Monte Fort near St. Paul's Church.