Rowlandson's Sketches from Nature
- [London: 1822].
- Abbey Scenery 33; Tooley 426; Bobins 719.
Quarto, descriptive text, 18 hand coloured aquatint plates, signed, drawn and etched by Rowlandson. Original half red roan over marbled boards, printed label to upper board, gilt to spine. Housed in a blue cloth slipcase with title in gilt to upper cover, leather label to spine. Marbled endpapers.
Coloured plates in order:
1. White Lion Inn, Ponder's End, Middlesex.
2. A view near Richmond.
3. View near Newport, Isle of Wight.
4. Temple at Strawberry Hill.
5. Stamford, Lincolnshire.
6. Taunton Vale, Somersetshire.
7. View near Bridport, Dorsetshire.
8. A view in Devonshire.
9. Village of St. Udy, Cornwall.
10. West Loo, Cornwall.
11. The Seat of M. Mitchell, Esq., Hengar, Cornwall.
12. Fowey, Cornwall.
13. View on the River Camel, Cornwall.
14. A view in Camelford, Cornwall.
15. A Cottage in the Dutchy of Cornwall.
16. View at Blisland, near Bodmin, Cornwall.
17. Clearing a Wreck on the North Coas of Cornwall.
18. Rouler Moor, Cornwall.