Recollections of Rome in 1843.
- London: Dickinson, [ca.1845].
- Not in Abbey; Bobins 598.
Large quarto, 14 hand coloured lithographed plates, contemporary red calf with a circular design in gilt to boards, titled in gilt, decoration in gilt to spine, gilt inner dentelles, all edges gilt. Library stamp to front free-endpaper. MS note 'Published for the benefit of the Chilean Infant School' to top of the 'List of Plates' page. Some plates foxed.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Frontispiece. The Shrine of St. Peter's.
2. Roman Women returning from the Vintage.
3. Ceremony of La Cattedra in St. Peter's.
4. The Chesterfield Hunt passing the Tomb of Cecilia Metella.
5. Cardinal M-----chi.
6. Procession of Candlemas Day in St. Peter's.
7. Consecration of the Cross in the Coliseum.
8. Sermon in San Luigi de Francesi.
9. The Pope in his State Carriage.
10. Novice taking the Black Veil in the Convent of St. Susana.
11. Scala Santa.
12. Interior of St. Peter's on Palm Sunday.
13. Penitents at the Chapel of the S.S. Sacramento, St. Peter's.
14. Group of Pilgrims, Easter Day.