Read's Characteristic National Dances...
- London: Read & Co., .
- Not in the usual bibliographies; Bobins 888.
Small 4to, SCARCE. original blue cloth simulating straight grained morocco, vignette gilt of Maypole dance on upper board, all edges gilt, gilt lettering to spine.Boards rubbed. 13 hand coloured plates, 1 loose. Pencilled signature to front free endpaper.
Coloured plates in order:
1. England. Old English May Pole Dance. (loose plate)
2. Title page. Christmas Eve. Sir Roger de Coverley.
3. Scotland. The Highland Fling.
4. Ireland. The Irish Jig.
5. France. The Minuet de la Coeur.
6. Spain. The Fandango.
7. Naples. The Neapolitan Dance.
8. Switzerland. The Monfreda Dance.
9. Greece. The Greek National Waltz.
10. Mexico. The Mexican Jarabe Dance.
11. China. The Sun & Moon Dance.
12. Turkey. The Turkish Saraband Dance.
13. India. The Hindostanee Shawl Dance.