TAYLOR, Lieut. Col.
Letters on India, Political, Commercial and Military.
- London: S. Hamilton, 1800.
- Abbey Travel 423; Bobins 273.
Quarto, full contemporary sprinkled calf, title, dedication, advertisement, preface, text. 1 folding view, 1 other view and 2 charts (1 folding). Gilt in rule to boards, raised bands and gilt to spine, coloured top edge. FIRST EDITION. Assorted ownership MS signatures and a bookplate 'Holland House' on front pastedown.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Frontis. A View of the Town, Fort, and Harbour of Bombay, taken from Malabar Hill (folding).
2. Chart representing the Commerce between Great Britain & Russia during the present century.
3. Map of the Countries situated between Great Britain and the East Indies; Calculated to illustrate the Overland Communication between Europe and Asia...(folding).
4. Chart of the Commerce of the East India Company with British India during the present century.