DAVIE, John Constantine.
Letters from Buenos Ayres and Chile with an original history of the latter country.
- London: R. Ackermann, 1819.
- Abbey Travel 697; Sabin 18746; Prideaux, pp. 334, 378; Bobins 806.
Octavo, half title, title, 3 leaves, text 324pp, 6 hand coloured aquatint plates. Bound in half calf, over marbled boards. Morocco title label to spine, raised spines in (faded) gilt, speckled edges, boards a little rubbed and worn in places. Bookplate of 'Thomas Lee Norman [Corbollis]' to front pastedown & a MS signature to front free endpaper of 'John Corbollis'.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Frontispiece. A Cacique in his dress of ceremony.
2. A lady of Lima, in her wedding dress.
3. Walking dress of a lady of rank & her servant, of Chili.
4. Merchant's ladies of Chili.
5. A tradesman's wife & daughter of Chili.
6. Home dress of a lady of rank & her servant, of Chili.