MONTAUT, Henry de.
- Paris: Henri Plon, 1869.
- Hilmy, p.171; Bobins 154.
Large oblong folio, with woodcut illustrations, 10 chromolithographed plates framed in gilt with Arabic titling in red at bottom of each plate "Henri Plon/chrom. De Bequet", mounted on card, and issued loose as issued in original red cloth, ruled in blind, gilt lettering with the arms of the Khedive, gilt crescents in each corner. Spine has been professionally repaired. Bookplate of 'Norman R. Bobins' to front pastedown. Attractive Egyptian genre scenes from the same period as Preziosi, and his scenes of life in Constantinople. Rebinding and restoration work on this book was carried out by Ron Norman of Hartlepool (Ronnorn@aol.com)
Coloured plates in order:
1. Femmes fellahs puisant de l'eau au Nil.
2. Visite a la mosquee d'Hassan.
3. La Circoncision..
4. Un Mariage Arabe au Caire.
5. Fantasia dans un harem.
6. Les Derviches tourneurs.
7. Le Mahmal. Retour du Tapis sacre de la Mecque.
8. Famille bedouine emigrant.
9. Le Doceh. Fete religieuse.
10. Inauguration du Canal de l'Isthme de Suez.