Hyde Park and the Crystal Palace. Presenting a Series of Exterior Views Displaying the Beautiful Combinations of the Magnificent Structure with Surrounding Scenery.
- London: Ackermann & Co., 1851.
- Abbey Scenery 244; not in Tooley; Bobins 837.
Folio, lithographed title with three views, plus 4 hand coloured mounted lithograph plates, a single leaf of text giving a list of plates. Contemporary half morocco over marbled boards, upper board gilt lettered. Spine with gilt compartments and raised bands. Boards and spine have been professionally repaired. Marbled endpapers. Seven views listed, three of these included on title page. This work was dedicated with permission to His Royal Highness Prince Albert. Rebinding and restoration work on this book was carried out by Ron Norman of Hartlepool (Ronnorn@aol.com)
Coloured plates in order:
1. Title page with views of Kensington Gardens / Crystal Palace / Hyde Park Corner.
2. View from the North Bank of the Serpentine.
3. View from above the Bridge.
4. View from Kensington Gardens, looking down the Kings Road.
5. View of the South Side from near the Princes Gate, looking West.
6. The East End.
7. Looking over the Dam.