Grecian Remains in Italy, a description of Cyclopian Walls, and of Roman Antiquities with Topographical and Picturesque Views of Ancient Latium.
- London: Edward Orme, 1812.
- Abbey Travel 165; Tooley 328; Prideaux 234 & 344; Bobins 591.
FIRST EDITION. Folio, title, text pp. 1-50. 23 hand coloured aquatint plates; 2 line engravings (3 double page). Half calf over marble covered boards, raides bands in gilt, lettered in gilt to spine. All edges gilt. Boards rubbed and worn.
Coloured plates in order:
1-2. View from the summit of Monte Cavo (large folding panorama).
3. A view of Rome from Monte Mario (double page).
4. View of an Ancient Tomb near the Scite of Bovilloe.
5. Albano from the Road to the Lake.
6. View from the Grotto of the Convent of the Capuchins at Albano.
7. Lake of Albano (first view).
8. Lake of Albano (second view).
9. Ancient Tomb in the Garden at Pallazuola.
10. Nymphoeum on the Borders of the Lake of Albano.
11. Emissary of the Lake of Nemi.
12. Lake of Giuliano.
13. General view of the Town of Cora.
14. Remains of the Temple of Hercules at Cora.
15. General view of the Scite of the ancient City of Norba.
16. Ruins of the Town of Nympha.
17. Exterior of the Great Cyclopian Gate at Norba.
18. A Cyclopian Gate at Segni.
19. Pointed Cyclopian Gate at Segni.
20. Exterior view of the Porta San Pietro at Alatri.
21. Exterior of the Great Cyclopian Gate of the Ancient Citadel of Alatri.
22. Interior of the Great Cyclopian Gate of the Citadel of Alatri.
23. Small Cyclopian Gate of the Citadel of Alatri.