Fregatten Eugenies Resa Omkring Jorden.
- Stockholm: C.A. Virgin, [1854-55].
- Hill 573; Judd 163; and p.41; Bobins 332.
2 vols in one. Octavo, 20 coloured lithographs, 3 folding tinted maps, 6 full page engravings, 18 engravings in text. Contemporary 1/4 brown morocco with gilt vignette to upper board of a sailing ship, raised bands in gilt, decorative gilt compartments to spine, speckled edges, badly browned endpapers. Extremities rubbed. This an official account of the Swedish circumnavigation, on the Eugenie, under the command of Capt. Christian Adolf Virgin. Skogman who was from a prominent family, graduated from the University of Uppsala, became a naval officer in 1839. He was the official astronomer for the voyage which lasted from 1851-53, visiting East and West coasts of South America, Pacific and Indian Ocean islands. The expedition was greeted upon their return to Stockholm by King Oscar I.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Mulattska (Rio de Janeiro).
2. Soldat och Landtkolk. Buenos Aires.
3. Trespetsade Berget (Three Peak Mountain).
4. Yorks Redd och Mynningen af Bachelor River (Magalhaens Sund).
5. Hus i Puna.
6. Utsigt Bredvid Honolulu.
7. Kanak. Honolulu.
8. Ovinna pa Hawaiiska Oarne.
9. Gamla Missions-Kyrkan i San Francisco.
10. Tahitisk Quinna.
11. Flicka pa Tahiti.
12. Talu Viken (Eimeo).
13. Hoaori. Hofding i Papituai.
14. Infodingar a Inui eller Savage Island. (4 figs)
15. Flicka Fran Foa (Tonga oarne).
16. Hofding pa Lefuka.
17. Infoding pa on Pouinipet. Carolinerne.
19. Tagalsk Quinna.