ROSENMULLER, Johann Christian.
Die Merkwuerdigkeiten der Gegend um Moggendorf..
- Berlin: Johann Frederich Unger, 1804.
- Bobins 1067. 3 copies coted in OCLC, none in USA.
Small folio, title, pp. 1-8 preliminaries, pp. 9-90 text, 1-6 hand coloured copper engraved plates, modern 1/2 straight grained dark red morocco over marbled boards, original wrappers bound in. The author was a remarkable professor of anatomy and surgery teaching and practising at Leipzig University, who was also very interested in mineralogy. The caves described in this book were on the road to Erlangen where he had studied medicine.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Aussere. Ansicht der Rosenmullershohle.
2. Die Rosenmullershohle von Innen.
3. Grotte aus der Rosenmullershohle.
4. Der Bronnenstein.
5. Eingang zur Gailenreuther Hohle.
6. Die Riessenburg.