- London: Thos. MacLean, 1829.
- Not in Tooley, nor Abbey Life or Siltzer, Bobins 831.
Small folio, 6 hand coloured aquatint plates, together with an original watercolour drawing from the first plate. Full polished tan calf by Riviere. A VERY RARE WORK.
Coloured plates in order:
1. [Watercolour of # 2 below].
2. Country Evenings. The Return from Tea and Cards. "Now my dear Niece it was as near this part of the Lane as could be".
3. Country Evenings. The Glow Worm. "This is the Female of the species, which by a particular action of he body...."
4. Country Evenings. The return from the Tythe Feast. There are only THREE in the Village that a worth a ---- "We'll n'er go home till morning. Till day light doth appear".
5. Country Evenings. The 5th of November. "Never mind if he does come Bob! - we a've as much right here as him -- he only preaches - We SINGS".
6. Country Evenings. The Cottagers return. "O he's a dear nice Man - and such a charming discourse - I've got quite a new LIGHT - but I think Mother Hubbards Gin is not so good as it used to be."
7. Country Evenings. The Cottagers return. "What a rum fellow that Bob Wilson is - he always keeps me late - and that Ale at the Crown is in rare order. - how confounded DARK it is."