Costumes of India, Part 1.
- Asiatic Lithographic Press, Calcutta, 1827.
- Abbey Travel 446; Bobins supplementary list 08/14.
FIRST AND ONLY EDITION, small oblong folio (10 x 15 inches), in early 20th century red morocco over marbled boards. 10 numbered hand coloured plates showing 28 figures or subjects.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Costumes. Sircar / Banyan / Sirdour-Bearer / Khansamah.
2. Costumes. Chuprasse / Hurkaru / Hookah Burdar / Bheesty.
3. Costumes. Sircar / Hurkourah / Fukeer / Ayah.
4. Costumes. Hackery / Palkee and Bearers / Kharanchy.
5. Costumes. Dancing Girl / Sepoy / Carrying Water / Selling Hookah Snakes.
6. Costumes. Making Butter / Selling Moraks / Jogee / Selling Sweetmeats.
7. Costumes. A Pilgrim carrying Ganges Water / Bheastee.
8. Costumes. A man making Hubble-Bubble or Hookah's from the Cocoanut.
9. Shop near Mendy Kaooaum.
10. Costumes. A Show Man.