SCHOPPE, Julius and others.
Beschreibung des Festes: Der Zauber der Weissen Rose gegeben in Potsdam am 13 July 1829 zum Geburtstage ihrer Majestaet der Kaiserin von Russland.
- Berlin: Gebrueder Gropius .
- Ruemann 1030; Bobins 470.
2 parts in one volume, oblong folio, lithographed title, 24 hand coloured lithographic plates by E. Gaertner, Schoppe, and others after Schink etc. preserved loose as issued in an original portfolio of grey limp covers with printed title and green silk ties. Subscribers list, German text. One coloured interior view and the rest of the procession. Also 11 uncoloured views. An attractive series of plates.
Coloured plates in order:
1. [not captioned] An interior view.
2. [not captioned] Three Liveried men on horseback.
3. [not captioned] Ranks of Musicians (Trumpets and a Drummer).
4-13. [not captioned] Assorted Knights, Noblemen and armed Soldiers on horseback. Decorative, numbered Heraldic Shields entwined with white roses, below and matching numbered coats-of-arms above etc.