A Tour through Sicily in the Year 1815.
- London: Sherwood, Neely & Jones, 1819.
- Abbey Travel 261; Bobins 1069.
FIRST EDITION. Octavo, uncoloured frontispiece folding map, 289 pp., 19 plates and maps, including 10 hand coloured aquatint plates. Contemporary red morocco with gilt and blind stamped title to spine, border gilt design to boards. MS inscription 'To John Woolley [...] from The Revd. J.B. Reader, Peckham School, Midsummer, 1836' to prelim.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Temple of Segeste.
2. Lake of Proserpine.
3. View of the Valley of Ispica.
4. Entrance of the Grotto commonly called the Ear of Dionysius.
5. Ruins of the Temple of Jupiter Olympus, the City of Syracusa in the distance.
7. Cyclopean Isles.
8. View in the Environs of Taormina.
9. Messina and the Entrance to the Faro, with Reggio and he Coast of Calabria.
10. The Island of Stromboli.