A Set of Views in the Island of Ceylon. [Sri Lanka]
- London: Edward Orme, 1819.
- Abbey Travel 411; not in de Silva; Bobins 262.
- XL=elephant folio
Folio, engraved title with dedication, 6 hand coloured aquatint plates, engraved by Dubourg, after the author. A page of descriptive text, with an uncoloured vignette of 'A Kandyan Chief'. Later 1/2 green morocco over labelled boards, gilt ruled label gilt on upper board. Bookplate of 'Norman R. Bobins' to front pastedown. An attractive and scarce set of views.
Coloured plates in order:
1. View from Amanapoora, Seventy-six Miles on the Road from Colombo to Kandy.
2. View on the Balani Mountain, One Mile and a Half on the Colombo Side of Amanapoora.
3. The King's Palace at Kandy.
4. Scene at the Ferry of Wattepalogoa, Three Miles from Kandy, on the Road to Trincomalee.
5. Tombs of Kandyan Kings, at the North End of the Town of Kandy, leading to Trincomalee.
6. Town of Kandy, from what is now called Castle Hill.