OLIVER, Commander Richard Aldworth.
A Series of Lithographic Drawings from Sketches in New Zealand.
- London: Dickinson Bros, n.d..
- Abbey Travel 592; Hocken p.167; Tooley 349; Bobins 330.
Large folio, title and text, single leaf for description of plates, 9 hand coloured plates in original wrappers with letterpress titling on upper cover, preserved in a modern green cloth portfolio, with gilt lettering to upper cover, and spine. Plates are of local 'types'. Errata slip proclaiming "In consequence of the Subscription list for Capt. Oliver's work on New Zealand being not yet sufficiently filled with names, it is considered expedient to postpone bringing out more Parts of this work, until the number of names should be increased."
Coloured plates in order:
1. Te Racihaeta, New Zealand Chief.
2. A Korero.
3. A Tangi (at Motoneka).
4. Falls of the Kirikiri.
5. Stranger's House (Houraki Pah).
6. Half Castes of Pomare's Pah (Bay of Islands).
7. Puebo, New Caledonia.
8. Harry Bluff. [small boy]
9. Johnny. [small boy]