A Picturesque Tour by the New Road from Chiavenna over the Spluegen and along the Rhine [...]
- London: William Cole, 1826.
- Abbey Travel 58; Tooley 148; Bobins 1031.
Quarto, (12 ¼ x 9 3/4 inches), with 13 hand coloured lithographed plates by F. Calvert after Clowes. Original rose colour paper over boards; re-backed in new rose cloth. A printed label on upper board.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Frontispiece. Embouchure of the Adda into the Lake of Como.
3. Cascade below St. Giacomo.
4. Church of St. Guglielmo - and part of Splugen Mountain.
5. Madonna di Galivaggio.
6. Campo Dolcino.
7. Cascade of Pianezza and first Gallery.
8. Ascent from Isola with a view of the Second & Wooden Galleries.
9. Splugen Village.
10. Via Mala.
11. Tussis, or Tussis.
12. Castle of Ortestein - Valley of the Rhine.