Viaggio Pittorico fatto da Ginerva a Milano per la strada del Sempione.
- Milan: Giulio Ferrario, 1820.
- Perret 2694 for Didot edition; Bobins 486. (Italian edition). [ALSO: an English edition, 1820. 8vo, half calf]
Folio. 4 hand coloured aquatint plates, contemporary red morocco gilt attributed to Lodigiani, most elaborately tooled in gilt. Bookplate of 'Giannalisa Feltrinelli' to front pastedown. All edges gilt. Published also in 1824 in Milan by Artaria in French with forty plates. These are presumably the same as this Ferrario edition. This journey through the Simplon tunnel to Milan is described, is very rare and eagerly sought after by collectors, again for the quality of its illustrations. An English translation appeared published by Ackermann, 1820 with 36 plates. The original work was divided into four parts, the general view of Lake Geneva (4); general views of the area of Valais (4); the Simplon tunnel (21 views); general views of Lake Maggiore (6).
Coloured plates in order:
1. Vue de Geneve depuis Cologni.
2. les Eaux d'Amphion pres d'Evian.
3. Vue de la Galerie d'Issel.
4. Vue du Pont de Crevola.